Committees & Volunteer Opportunities
The Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce provides the following opportunities for members to develop professionally and to become involved in the community.
Public Policy & Government Affairs Committee
Chair: Pat Arling, Provincial Bank, 952-469-2265 | Bruce Rydeen, Cerron Properties, 952-469-9444
Meets Third Friday of each month
- Conference Calls - Take place every other week during the legislative session to bring us up to date on what is happening at the Capital. Hosted by the Minnesota Chamber.
- Cadidate Forums / October
- Legislative Wrap-up / Candidates May or June - Membership luncheon where our local represtative are invited to brief us on the past session.
- Legislative, Mayoral, City Council, and School Board.
- Legislative Wrap-up / Candidates May or June - Membership luncheon where our local representative are invited to brief us on the past session.
- Business Day at the Capital: March - Committee Members and Chamber Members go to the Capital to meet with our Legislators to share the concerns of the business community.
- State of the City Luncheon - Lakeville Chamber hosts the State of the City Address with Mayor Mark Bellow at one of our Membership Luncheons. (April/May).
- Washington DC - Mid May
Chairs: Kathi Lindau, Lakeview Bank, 952-892-9701 | Peggy Rice, Definitive Accounting Inc., 952-698-1829
Meets: Second Tuesday of each month
- First year Anniversary Visits
- Greeters for Chamber Events and Introduce Host or Hostess
- Phone Calls; invite New Members to events that are happening.
- Delivery of New Membership Directories
- Help with Registration at Events
- Meets: The second Tuesday of the month
- Welcome new businesses to the Area; deliver a welcome plaque.
- Encourage participation at chamber functions
Business Education Committee
Chair: Chair: Bob Finke, Family Health Medical Clinic, 952-469-0500
- Teacher Appreciation: The committee brings breakfast to the teachers and Distributes chamber and committee information.
- Career Jamboree / November - Hosted by Lakeville Businesses for 11th grade students to explore possible career paths. First Monday of November
- Mock Interview - Senior Class interviews with Volunteer chamber members. Each interview lasts 15 minutes.
- State of the School Address - Lakeville Chamber hosts the State of teh School Address at one of our Membership Luncheons.
- Financial Aid Night - The committee arranges to hve business representatives available as an additional resource to parents regarding college financial planning. (January)
- Challenge to Change / Promise Week (Prom Week)
- Foundation Bowling Tournament
- MN Business Venture
Lakeville Convention & Visitors Bureau
Chair: Jamie Dahlen, Holiday Inn & Suites Lakeville 952.469.1134
- CVB Advisory Board
- Meeting & Group LEAD Program
- Tourism Information Distribution
- Annual Tourism Week Celebration
- Hospitality of the Year Award & Recognition
Board of Directors
Chair: Sheila Longie, Shred Right, 651-647-1300
Meets: Third Tuesday of each month
The Board represents the members as the organization's ultimate authority; management derives its legitimacy from the Board. The Board sets managements direction, providing advice and counsel consonant with long-term growth and sound operations. Management is responsible for implementing the direction of the Board.
- Deliberate and approve policy positions of the Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Serve on at least one committee of the Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Support the Chamber by attending as many Chamber events as possible.
- Assist in membership recruitment and retention efforts.
- Support and serve as spokespersons for Chamber policy positions and participate in the annual strategic planning session.
- Financially support Chamber activities personally or through the business they represent.
- Enhance the public image of the Chamber.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the Chamber in achieving its goals and missions.
Fall Gala Committee
Meets: June - October/November
- Event Planning & Theme: Dinner, Music, Dancing
- Silent and Live Auction, Door Prizes
Golf Classic Tournament
Chairs: Mike Lebens, Provincial Bank Valley Lake, 952-469-9200 | Todd Anderson, Dicks Sanitation, 952-469-2239
Meets: November thru May
- Event Planning
- Bag Stuffers
Landscape, Home and Consumer Showcase Expo Committee
Chair: Trent Hochsprung C.G.T. Ltd. Inc, 952-469-3714
Meets: November thru March/April
- Event Planning
The Chamber is a volunteer-driven business organization that strives to enhance member businesses and provide:
- Quality information & education
- Valuable business programs
- Networking & marketing opportunities
- Access to resources
- Support for the business community
Our members have the opportunity to be involved in various activities, task forces, committees, networking groups and commissions and we make it a goal to encourage our members to volunteer. Every volunteering opportunity presents its own unique purpose and we welcome you as well to explore one that interests you.
Please contact the chamber at 952.469.2020 for more details.