Workforce Scholarship Program
This program is designed to help students advance their careers, continue their education, and further strengthen their workforce and leadership skills in Technical/Vocational programs. The typical scholarship award is in the amount of $500.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS – please read carefully:
- Applicants must fully complete and timely submit an application.
- Applicants must include a recommendation letter from a faculty member or employer – letter is to be emailed to email@example.com.
- Application deadline for 2016/2017: January 31, 2017. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
- Application and recommendation letters should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicant Eligibility:
- Graduating Lakeville high school student, Lakeville resident, or employee of a Lakeville business.
- Attending or will attend a non-traditional post-secondary vocational, technical, business or trade school with preference for schools who are members of the Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Recommendation by faculty member or employer.
- Timely submission of a fully completed application.
- The typical scholarship award is in the amount of $500 per student.
- After the application deadline, all timely and fully completed applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified 3 to 4 weeks after the deadline if they have been selected for a short personal interview. Following the interview process, Scholarship recipients will be notified of their award. Selected scholarship recipients must submit proof of part-time or full-time enrollment in a post secondary institution in order to receive the scholarship award. Recipients may only receive one Lakeville Chamber Foundation scholarship per school year and it is not automatically renewable.
- Scholarship recipients and awards are determined at the sole discretion of the Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation and are based on criteria as established by the Board of Directors from time to time.